This post is intended to help beginners to get started with BBB and OpenSUSE.
Installing the openSUSE 13.1 Image
- Download the latest image at http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/ARM:/13.1:/Contrib:/Beaglebone/images and choose between:
- JeOS image for a minimal system openSUSE-13.1-ARM-JeOS-beaglebone-*.raw.xz or
- XFCE image for a graphical system openSUSE-13.1-ARM-XFCE-beaglebone-*.raw.xz
- As root extract the image onto your SD-Card (replace sdX with the device name of your SD-Card). WARNING: all previous data on the SD-Card will be lost.
xzcat [image].raw.xz | dd bs=4M of=/dev/sdX; sync
- Insert the SD-Card with the openSUSE image into your BeagleBoard.
- Connect the BeagleBone Black to your PC via serial port.
- Connect the BeagleBone Black to your monitor via HDMI. (optional)
- Press boot select switch button (near µSD slot) on power-on to boot from sd card (see: Boot switch location)
- Power on the BeagleBone Black.
- Walk through the first boot steps.
- Have a lot of fun…
Installing the openSUSE 13.2 Image
View original post 140 more words