DHT11 is a low cost Temperature and Humidity sensor which can be used for less precise application, but has a decent range of operation and sensing. Also no external calibration is required, as it has inbuilt calibration done in production laboratories, also it require minimal external components for interfacing.
The greatest advantage of using this sensor is that it is capable of measuring accurately even if the host controller is 20 meters away from the sensor. The distance can be increased further by reducing the pull-up resistor value.
- Chip: DHT11 temperature and humidity sensor
- Ultra low cost
- 3 to 5V power and I/O
- 2.5mA max current use during conversion (while requesting data)
- No more than 1 Hz sampling rate (once every second)
- Humidity measuring range: 20-90% RH
- Humidity accuracy: ± 5% RH
- Temperature measuring range: 0-60°c
- Temperature measurement accuracy: ± 2°c
- Digital signal output
- 4 pins with 0.1″ or 2.54mm spacing